Let me start this off by saying I do not believe in juice cleanses, diets or anything of the sort. Eat real food and use moderation and your body’s hunger cues to guide your meal decisions. I suggest a green smoothie as a supplement to your normal diet and this is also just my non-professional opinion.
With that said, I’m also guilty of over-indulging sometimes. Whether it be one too many drinks at the bar, or accidently eating an entire bag of popcorn (don’t act like you’ve never done it before), life happens and it’s ok to go overboard every now and then.
Even though it’s a part of life, over indulging can often make you feel like absolute sh*t the next day. You wake up bloated, tired, and you swear you’re going to eat nothing but lettuce for the next three days. In reality, your lettuce diet lasts for a whole hour before you run out of willpower because, realistically, it’s a terrible idea.
On days like these, I do like to make some sort of effort to make myself feel better both physically and mentally. My go-to? A green smoothie that’s full of nutrients that I missed in that late-night pizza, along with some scientifically proven metabolism-raising ingredients. Oh, and it tastes pretty good too. Together, they provide a drink that gets me back to my regular, healthy routine and also helps kick-start my metabolism for the day.
- 1/2 cup almond milk, coconut milk, water (or whatever your beverage is of choice, I like almond milk)
- 2-3 cups of fresh spinach or kale
- 1 whole grapefruit, scooped
- 1-2 tbs of fresh ginger or 2 teaspoons of ground ginger (I add more, but if you’re afraid of ginger use this a starting point)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, or to taste
- 1 scoop of non-flavored protein (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender, putting the ice and liquid in first, and blend until smooth.
Try My Favorite Green Smoothie At Home and Let Me Know What You Think in the Comments Below!